UNIX/Linux Server Security Assessment (NIXSA)
Detailed, platform-specific and “flavor”-specific review of the configuration of UNIX/Linux servers to verify that these systems are configured to maximize security and minimize exposure to cyber-attacks.
Illumant reviews system configuration files and settings, running processes, and installed packages to identify opportunities to improve security, in line with best-practices. Systems are inspected for evidence of rootkits and malware. Recommendations are provided for enhancing security.
- Credentialed review of UNIX/Linux systems
- Network-based testing
- Automated scoring of configuration files and settings
- Manual review of tool results and configurations
- Review of installed packages and running processes
- Rootkit/malware searches
- Comparison against best-practices
- Classification of severity of findings
- Remediation recommendations
- UNIX/Linux systems
- All ""flavors""
- Representative configurations
- Vulnerable outliers
- Configuration files/settings
- Installed packages
- Running processes
- Patch levels
analysis of registry settings
review of running processes
review of installed packages
review of patch levels